Please place your NIA order(s) in the NEW eSirius3G system.
NIA orders must be placed by Tensie before 9:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time on Tuesdays.
The NIA is using a new system. I need the following information to enter your order with them correctly.
Your Grant number needs to be formatted like this: 9-A99-AA-999999-99?A9A9.
Full Grant Title; Grant start date; Grant expiration date; Principle Investigator(s) first & last names & email address(es).
Also tell me which strains are allowed by your grant:
F344XBN F1 (F344BN)
BROWN NORWAY (BN)
FISCHER 344 (F344)
The grant MUST include the strain you are ordering.
Eligibility criteria effective 1/18/2014
There is a limit to the number of animals that can be requested to arrive each month(the eligibility limit is based on the delivery date):
- NIA grantees are limited to a total of 20 animals delivered per month per NIA grant.
- All non-NIA grantees that directly point to Age Related animals are limited to a total of 10 animals delivered every other month per grant.
- The caloric restricted colony is restricted to NIA grantees with specific aims requiring CR mice. Food is only provided for CR (and AL control) animals purchased from the NIA caloric restricted colony or for NIA-funded grants that include specific aims requiring caloric restriction of rodents. The NIA does not provide food for animals purchased from the aging colonies outside of the above stated criteria.
- You can only order 30 days in advance of the requested delivery date.
- All orders are counted by the delivery date, not the order date.
- The NIA cannot approve requests for exceptions for C57BL/6 or CB6F1 for the foreseeable future, but they can consider requests for exception for BALB/c mice.